WELCOME

Welcome to my Blogg, hope you enjoy catching up with what I do with my dogs.

Tuesday 29 December 2009

29th December 2009

Oh dear, our trip to devon was fine and we enjoyed Christmas with our son and his family, ten of us, so a nice day.
EXCEPT that in the evening I got a phone call to say that my dear friend Pauline, the lady I have been visiting daily (almost) for over 6 months and providing food for, died suddenly on Christmas Day. I could not believe it. She was OK when I saw her the day before we left for Devon, but a bit weak and tired, we believe it was her heart that gave out, we will hear this week hopefully. It did put a damper on the proceedings for me and not a lot of sleep that night.

Boxing Day we did stay although I first felt like returning home, we stayed and had a good time. Returned on Sunday 27th, snow all gone.

28th December - saw Pauline's Daughter and only just managed to be civil to her, knowing that she was very unkind to her Mother I find it hard to reconcile with all the weeping and wailing - tongue nearly bitten through!!

29th - Today. Took Enya and Dylan to Luton Canine Show, and Enya won the Junior class of 10 dogs and was awarded Best Puppy in Breed, Dylan second in Open to the BOB, then Dylan 2nd in the Any Variety Gundog Open and although Enya was not placed in the Puppy Group, she went on to WIN the Puppy stakes and I got £10 to help with the costs of entry!! Not a bad day all in all.
Very cold tonight, no snow but a lot of sleet brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment