WELCOME

Welcome to my Blogg, hope you enjoy catching up with what I do with my dogs.

Saturday 16 January 2010

16th January

Just returned from taking Kari on our local shoot, for her first time - she was WONDERFUL - she hunted with a great deal of zest and found many birds, also picked a wounded bird, although she did not want to bring this one to me until it was quite dead!! Then she found a bird in a thick bush which could not get out, I could see it was so deep in that it would never have flown, so she caught it and brought it to me perfectly to hand, alive and undamaged - what a good girl. She is shattered and has just had a nice warm bath as she was also filthy! I am now going to meet Peter who was at the Woodham Walter shoot, for dinner in the local Pub with all the Members of that shoot, so quite a good day for me too - must feed the dogs before I go!

Have been spending lots of time on the computer recently firstly, cancelling the Joint Health Group meeting as a lot of delegates were snowed in, then trying to arrange a new date, which is now for the 14th February, all but one of them have replied that this date is OK, so lets hope that there is no more snow. Typically I now hear that most of the snow has gone from the Midlands today, but of course Wales and further North could still have a lot.

The show I had entered for tdoay was cancelled due to the weather conditons, and has kindly reorganised itself for the day of the SEWSSC Open Show - 31st January! I now will have to find out if I can use my entry fees for their next show and find out the date - bet they are sick as today has been OK as it happens, just rain, no snow or frost!!

Off to the Pub now, I think I need a nice BIG glass of wine !!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to follow you and the dogs on this one.
    Very brave of Kari at her first shoot. Chelsea has been out three times now, she ran away last time following a deer. I was worried, finally she found us again after 20 minutes. The rest of the day she check on me quite often. Charlotte

    ReplyDelete